This page lists the Gammapy tutorials that are available as Jupyter notebooks.
You can read them here, or execute them using a temporary cloud server in Binder.
To execute them locally, you have to first install Gammapy locally and download
the tutorial notebooks and example datasets. The setup steps are described in
Getting Started. Once Gammapy installed, remember that you can always use
gammapy info to check your setup.
For a quick introduction to Gammapy, go here:
Interested to do a first analysis of simulated CTA data?
- CTA first data challenge (1DC) with Gammapy | cta_1dc_introduction.ipynb
- CTA data analysis with Gammapy | cta_data_analysis.ipynb
To get started with H.E.S.S. data analysis see here:
- H.E.S.S. with Gammapy | hess.ipynb
3-dimensional cube analysis:
- 3D analysis | analysis_3d.ipynb
- Joint 3D analysis | analysis_3d_joint.ipynb
- 3D simulation and fitting | simulate_3d.ipynb
- Fermi-LAT data with Gammapy | fermi_lat.ipynb
2-dimensional sky image analysis:
- Source detection with Gammapy (Fermi-LAT data example) | detect_ts.ipynb
- CTA 2D source fitting with Gammapy (DC 1 example) | image_analysis.ipynb
- CTA 2D source fitting with Sherpa | image_fitting_with_sherpa.ipynb
1-dimensional spectral analysis:
- Spectral simulation with Gammapy | spectrum_simulation.ipynb
- Spectral analysis with Gammapy (H.E.S.S. data example) | spectrum_analysis.ipynb
- Fitting Gammapy spectra with sherpa | spectrum_fitting_with_sherpa.ipynb
- Flux point fitting with Gammapy | sed_fitting_gammacat_fermi.ipynb
- Light curves | light_curve.ipynb
- Compute the CTA sensitivity | cta_sensitivity.ipynb
These notebooks contain examples on some more specialised functionality in Gammapy.
- H.E.S.S. Galactic plane survey (HGPS) data | hgps.ipynb
- Astrophysical source population modeling with Gammapy | source_population_model.ipynb
- Continuous wavelet transform on gamma-ray images | cwt.ipynb
- Dark matter spatial and spectral models | astro_dark_matter.ipynb
- Make template background model | background_model.ipynb
- MCMC sampling of Gammapy models using the emcee package | mcmc_sampling.ipynb
- Pulsar analysis with Gammapy | pulsar_analysis.ipynb
We plan to add a very simple to use high-level interface to Gammapy where you just have to adjust a config file, but that isn’t available yet.
Here are some great hands-on tutorials to get started quickly: